Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Friday, August 24, 2012

How to Start Your Weekend Smiling Despite Your Illness and/or Disability

B'SD

6 Elul, 5772

Of the hardest challenges of illness and/or disabilities is to deal with a sense of disappointment. It feels like a growing pit in your stomach or high blood pressure and sadness. There are ways to override your sense of negativity.


One of the BIG, effective "Developing coping skills" suggestions in EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge  is to develop a sense of gratitude for what IS going comfortably, "right" and easily in your medical or disability life.


My visual acuity literally changes each time I blink. Yes, I see differently with every wave of my eyelashes. That complicates things a bit. So I'm going to (alphabetically) model to you how I focus on what's going "right" in my life. I'm grateful for:
  • Books
  • Fresh air
  • Friends
  • Good food filled with nutrition and flavors I enjoy
  • Knowing that my vision is improving over time (the evidence is in the "Blink of my eyes" phenom)
  • Music
  • My garden of flowers and veggies
  • PAID bills (in today's wobbling global economy that's a BIG blessing)
  • Social time with people I value
  • Spiritual insights
  • That I can communicate in writing (that takes me a while but thank GOD I can persevere)
  • That I can do favors for other people
  • That people appreciate my input in their healing efforts
  • The ability to laugh
I'm grateful for far more 
but you don't have all day 
to read about it ;^ D

Start listing the stuff that makes you smile. Consider what else goes well in your life and helps you along. Sometimes we mortals overlook those realities. LIST THEM in some sort of journal each day. When you're feeling down and defeated, those reminders can make a mighty big difference in your life.

Don't believe me? Listen to this shrink explain The Secret to Better (and BEYOND Average)...

Change the lens through which you view your realities. Start your weekend getting your grin back.



Click on the title to buy the E-book or print edition to EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge today. And let me know how the book helps you.

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.


No comments: