Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The ABC's of Yom Kipur: How to Pick Yourself Up after a Fall

B'SD

9 Tishrei, 5773

I've been recovering from the ill effects of eating non-organic foods at the homes of friends on Rosh HaShana. The medical consensus is that my body is so cleansed of the gunk that most people swallow on a daily basis, that my body rebelled at the onslaught. It has not been a pleasant experience.

Other than that, I've been focusing on the spiritual meaning of the Jewish High Holiday season. Tonight is the beginning of Yom Kipur. You might appreciate reading The  ABC's of Yom Kipur to get a glimpse of what it's all about. 

Here's a video to illustrate Yom Kipur a bit more

 



 This is a thought-provoking essay entitled
Dying to Live.

One of the riveting prayers of Yom Kipur 
can be heard at U'Netaneh Tokef.

You can click on 
the English translation 
of that prayer.

Then you can ponder 
Chief Rabbi Sacks' essay, 
Coming Home.



Find more inspirational ideas in the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge

And yes, I'm holding back from eating foods not good for my health. My friends sympathize.

I wish you a year filled with blessings.

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.  
Face Your Future with Optimism. 

No comments: