Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

How to Hang on to - and KEEP - Your New Year's Resolutions

B'SD

4 Shvat, 5774

It's the new Jewish month of Shvat, a time when Jews around the world celebrate plant life.



I tidied up my garden, this past week. It had been damaged by the severe blizzard that hit Israel weeks ago. 

But the uncomfortable cleanup was not a job I looked forward to. So much mess to clean up and sort out.

I did the work anyway, happily anticipating the results months - and even weeks - from now (Israeli roses go into bloom in December, and our winter rains seem to pour fertilizer into the soil for other plants, too!). 

It's a good thing I ran out to the frozen-over garden to save what I could by bringing plants indoors during that storm. My garlic is showing its shoots, tomato plants are thriving and flowering plants have woken up from winter slumber.

Are you wondering what to do when you find it frustrating to keep your New Year resolutions in shape? I suggest reminding yourself that you're normal, then get back on task. Strengthen you sense of commitment when you read

The Science of New Year's Resolutions: What Works, What Doesn't


for good ideas to help you to stay on task.




Need more ideas about how focus on dealing with your medical, disability or mental health situation? Buy the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge. Be sure to read the Refining Silver story and Global Resources section.

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism. 


Find a way to meet your goals. Enjoy the flowering garden in your soul.


 

No comments: