Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Live for the Love

B'SD

18 Tamuz 5770


Some time ago I posted
a video about Seat Belt Safety. It illustrates the impact of our health care decisions on loved ones.

Give yourself time to digest those scenes in the video, then read the rest of today's blogpost.


I'm mourning a friend's death. She'd died before my medical crisis began, before I wrote my book, earned my counseling skills certification & began coaching the ill in "coping with medical crisis skills."

That friend created a sad life lesson with a moral one to follow: She'd delayed medical exams for serious symptoms so she could "focus on her kids."

By the time she agreed to seek medical help, her cancer was so advanced that doctors were shocked she'd made it that far when they did exploratory surgery. They immediately "closed her up" as no known form of therapy could have improved her chances for survival let alone quality life.

Reality: she couldn't face her fears. They killed her. Now the kids have no Mom. They suffer horribly.

Moral lesson: The last temptation is the greatest treason: To do the right deed for the wrong reason. .... LORD ALFRED TENNYSON

Please Protect Your Health; if not only for yourself then also for people who love and need you. Live for the love. If you're too upset to cope with your medical situation or simply don't know how, get counseling from friends or therapists who respect & improve your life. That's what I advise in EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.




Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.


No comments: