This headline article Dramatic Increase in Abuse of Rx Painkillers doesn't address some relevant issues:
- Men are unfairly pressured to pretend they can cope with heartache and physical pain
- Men too often feel or believe that they can't trust someone to help them even after courageously admitting they need some sort of help
- The medical world too often fails to monitor the use of a patient's drug use and potential for drug abuse
- Society and the medical world need to admit that men are human, deserve compassion and pain relief - psychological, spiritual and physical
We can turn those realities around into a can-do coping strategy. It takes courage, some training by competent therapists and clinicians, an attitude adjustment in society (start a movement among your friends and colleagues!) and a desire to prevent tragedy.
By the way, many of the "Thank you" letters, E-mails and phone calls I receive for
are from men! I suspect that I know why:
- The book is FILLED with privacy-protected answers to questions they need/want to ask. Too often men are simply unaware of whom they can trust to answer them and to protect their confidentiality. The EMPOWER Yourself book is a safe outlet with information that men need.
- EMPOWER Yourself lets them calm down, read and re-read the sections important to them in the confidential surroundings of their home, office or wherever they read the book.
Men, you deserve many healing, helpful breaks. As I tell my Self-Help Coaching clients and book buyers, "A medical crisis - you'd cry too, if it happened to you. Use your tissues and handkerchiefs with my blessings borne of experience. GOD gives you Permission to Weep. And you can say that to any critics after explaining that 'It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To.'"
Be sure to read pages 4 and 5, to get that FYI on your license to cry.
Buy the E-book or print edition today for a brighter, happier way to deal with your disability, emotional, physical or mental health pain. Buy your own copy of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge at http://booklocker.com/books/3067.html
Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.
Be a man focused on his future, not on suffering.