Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lower Your Pain in One Step with a Personal Pain-o-Meter!

24 Shvat 5768

My recovery from a severely broken arm (doctors had to install a permanent metal brace under the skin, along my bones, in order to save the arm) has been challenging, to put it politely. I've wept from awful, awful pain that major painkillers (including morphine) hardly affected. But I learned to cope with the agony by reducing it at will. Now I'm ready to share that technique wth you.

Want relief from the physical pain of your medical condition? Try this nifty trick.

Turn down the dial on your Personal Pain-o-Meter, a terrific technique that friend/Life Coach Ben Goldfarb taught me. Pain that does not serve a function is pain we can banish at will.

Go on. Study the dial in your mind. Say the level of your pain out loud e.g., "I have a gazillion watts of pain!!!!" or "On a scale from one to ten, ten being the worst level of pain, I have a pain level of... (fill in the blank with a number from 1-10)", then say out loud, "I can lower my pain. I'm lowering it to (name the ever-lower wattage)..."



Then do it. Imagine the arrow on your Personal Pain-o-Meter dialing downward. Push it down with your mind. Choose to reduce your pain. Aim for less than half your present pain level.

Go on, try again until you make progress. Yes, I know it's difficult. I do this exercise, too. My physical therapy workouts are not pleasant. C'mon. Try it again.

You can set aside time as often as needed to work at aiming that arrow increasingly down. You'll know you've succeeded when you realize that your discomfort feels significantly less than it felt earlier. Keep spinning that arrow down until your pain is as low as possible.

Ta-daaa, this is your one-step solution for pain reduction:

CHOOSE TO LOWER YOUR PAIN, AND REDUCE YOUR SUFFERING.

And be sure to buy my book so you can learn other terrific techniques for coping with even emotional distress!

***

JOIN THE FUN AND VOTE FOR

It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To.

Count them! More than 1400 votes of praise have been made for my book since December 2 2007, when the Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research declared It’s MY Crisis to be “Recommended Reading.” You can vote for It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To on the Musella site daily. Once you’ve read It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To, vote for it at http://www.virtualtrials.com/books.cfm.


I hope you choose a 9 or a 10.


Read it, benefit from it, and tell others about It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To.

Buy someone a copy of It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To
http://www.booklocker.com/books/3067.html

Order it in book stores anywhere if it’s not on the shelves. It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To can be shipped worldwide. Specialty editions are available for large organizations.

Save on large orders of
It's MY Crisis!
https://secure.booklocker.com/booklocker/wholesale/order.php

ONE MORE IMPORTANT ITEM FOR TODAY'S POST: my publisher Angela Hoy has a friend in critical need of recovery from severe medical setbacks. Please join me in praying for the welfare of "G." and gosh, for all the folks who need to be well.

To your good health,

Yocheved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life.

No comments: