Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Do Hospice Workers HASTEN a Patient's Death?


B'SD

14 Av 5770



I'd written feature stories about hospice services in the years when they were relatively new on the medical scene. I can't hotlink you to the stories because they preceded the now-popular Internet. But I can let you know that I wondered about the downside of people who only work with pending deaths. Psychology has a way of messing up the best psychological wiring and minds. Deeply good character traits developed on purpose have a way of preventing that from happening.

I offer you a cautionary tale, written by a former neighbor in the USA. I know her thinking and speaking manner. It is clearly portrayed in this essay:
Angel of mercy or angel of death? A cautionary tale.

As It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry If I Need To: EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge and this blog caution you,

You need to consult board certified
medical and mental health professionals
in all matters relating to your health,
and for suspected symptoms of illness
requiring diagnosis or medical
attention (including simple first aid).
For spiritual matters, consult
sensibly behaved clergy who
demonstrate complete respect for
your wellbeing.


There are many fine, morally grounded hospices and hospice workers in the world. But you will be wise to observe small details. Look for consistency, genuine versus merely professed compassion, and ethics in hospice and all medical settings. THAT can serve your interests and your loved ones' very well. And, it's a way to EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.






Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.


No comments: