Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Here's What Happened While I was Away from Your Monitor...

B'SD

1 Av 5770


Sorry for my recent absence, readers. A PC hijack/virus load on my PC knocked me out of cyberspace for a while. I have some catching up to do. I hope to begin posting health-oriented updates later this week. Meanwhile, I offer the health-promoting suggestion below.

Since many of us sit down for much of our lives, I offer this cardio-beneficial tip with despairing dieters and anyone else living sedentary lives: Walk UP the stairs instead of using escalators or elevators (but not in safety-challenged shopping malls). Place only the first half of each foot on every step, letting your heel hang in the air. The aerobic "push" you invest to keep moving skyward burns calories. This can be quite a relief to cramped legs. It also fends off DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) after long flights, sitting at your PC for hours at a time, and too much TV. It's good for your heart, thighs, and sense of success.

People in wheelchairs, on bedrest or simply refraining from over-exertion can ask their medical team about helpful calorie-burning and muscle-building exercises that you can do while seated. Occupational and physical therapists probably have wonderful can-do ideas for you.

To your optimal health,




EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.


Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.

No comments: