Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Here's How to Find Medical Information You Might Need

B'SD


3 Adar 5772


Word gets around about the very helpful EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge book.


Last week I received a plea for medically-related information from a friend eager to help a family with a desperately ill young child. His baffling illness had left an entire medical team wondering how to respond to it. I shared insights and facts that seemed appropriate to the situation.


Then I responded to a request from someone trying to help an ill adult in need of medical equipment. 


Another person asked me to advise a family who could not afford health insurance for their child, a foreign exchange student.


Each of those persons were outside the country I live in  (Israel). Yet, I provided them with information likely to prove helpful. They've helped other people. 


Those facts, and more, are inside the pages of




At the end of last week, I learned that I'd been nominated for public recognition due to my efforts and successes in helping fellow Israelis (and immigrant Israelis called "olim") to improve their physical, mental or spiritual health with the book and with the Refua Radio Show:



"Dear Ms. Kramer,

I would like to nominate 
Yocheved Golani 
for Olim Making an Impact.

Yocheved Golani has launched the
Refua Radio Show at 
where she's inspiring listeners 
to live healthier lives with 
her divrei Torah and her book
Yocheved's medical knowledge 
and unusual story of survival
in devastating circumstances 
is inspirational, helping fellow 
Israelis and people around the world.

I have reviewed and edited many 
articles and mental health curricula 
as a Program Manager at the 
Behavioral Health Care 
Resource Program at the 
University of North Carolina. 

I have also interviewed many
non-profit organizations in Israel 
for Embrace Israel. 
Ms. Golani's work is a prime 
example of olim bringing 
their expertise and experience to
enrich the People of Israel. 
She is a true star and example 
for us all.

Sincerely, Joseph Sherman
--
Joseph Sherman
Editor and Content Manager
Embrace Israel
Beit Shemesh, Israel"


It was not the only nomination made on my behalf. That book is helping people. All of us are grateful. 




Buy yourself or someone you love the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.





No comments: