Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Professional Qualifications and a Sneak Peek at Some Chapter Headings

May 13 2007/ 25 Iyar 5767

Don't mind the out-of-sync dates atop my own posts. I reside in the Middle East, and we're 7-10 hours ahead of the USA depending on Daylight Savings Time changes.

I began my writing career by producing feature stories about health/medical issues. I’d been a Health Information Management supervisor in various medical/mental health institutions for several years. It was a “publish or perish” profession. My handy successes at getting my articles published convinced me to leave that stress-filled career and become a full-time writer. It also armed me with a wealth of medical knowledge and superb contacts throughout the medical world. Many of those contacts contributed to my book.

How good am I at understanding and dealing with emergencies? My writing work is part of Angela Hoy's anthology The Emergency Divorce Handbook (Booklocker, 2003). I’ve edited materials for mental health therapists and taught coping mechanisms to private groups as a certified former EMETT leader. EMETT is a 20-year old organization created by psychologist Miriam Adahan.

Check out the Chapter Headings in my forthcoming book:

Introduction
It's MY Crisis and I'll Cry if I Need To
Action Alert
Shape Your Mind for Survival Mode
Develop a Survival-Mode Mind
Create an Attitude of Acceptance
Move Beyond Your Sense of Shock: More About Acceptance
Remain Emotionally, Spiritually, and Physically Strong
It’s Hard to Cope
Find Ways To Smile
Boredom!
Make Your Moods Work for You
You Need To Develop A Treasure-trove of Mood Savers
Choose Your Vocabulary
Words Mean What They Imply
Take a Breath and Review Some Important Points
Three easy-to-remember things you can do to preserve your health
Spend Time on Spirituality
Shore up your spiritual life in practical ways
Make a Medical Metaphor
Organization

Here are just some of the categories covered in the Resources section of “It’s MY Crisis and I’ll Cry if I Need To” (references for Western medicine and Alternative Healing Therapies – with full contact information - appear in the book):

Alternative Medicine
Alzheimer's Disease
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS, also called Lou Gehrig's Disease)
Arthritis
Autism, Asperberger Syndrome, Pervasive Developmental Delay
Cancer
Central Auditory Processing Disorder
Chakras, Symptoms and Interesting Health Insights
Clinical Herbal Therapy
Clinical Trials
Comprehensive Pediatric Medicine (for diagnosis and treatment of diseases, disorders)
Drug Abuse
Drug Interactions
Elder Care
Epilepsy
FREE AND PRICE-REDUCED DRUGS
Gimp on the Go
Hearing Impairment
High Altitude Retinopathy
Hydrotherapy
Latino Liver Awareness
MedInsight
Misdiagnosis
Muscle Problems
Natural Hormone Health
Nerve Repair
Natural Nutritional and Health Counseling
Orphan Diseases
Sexuality, Intimacy and Communication
Spiritual Healing

There is also a worldwide list of Suggested Readings in the Resources section. I invite you to send suggestions of worthwhile reading for people facing medical challenges. Write to me at giveretgolani@gmail.com


No comments: