Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Request to My Readers: Do YOU or Someone You Know Have Prosopagnosia?

B'SD


9 Iyar 5772


[My apologies! I neglected to make this post go "live" earlier in the day]


You know that I'm an author, but I do have a journalism side to my life. Once in a while I post messages about that on this blog.


I'm developing a feature story about Prosopagnosia, the inability to identify faces. You might have seen the 60 Minutes show about that. My assignment is to interview someone with prosopagnosia.


I need factual information regarding the personal impact  of prosopagnosia on its sufferers and their loved ones, the latest findings on causes, co-morbidities plus treatments, statistics etc. I do not wish to repeat information already available on the Internet. I want to provide original insights from affected persons and their support team (doctors, therapists, friends, relatives).

I'm familiar with Oliver Sacks' The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and The Mind's Eye. I seek newer developments, insights, and successes beyond what is described there.


The angle of my presentation would be telling the story of a person who is face blind. 


In addition to studying available information about Prosopagnosia I need to interview a prosopagnosic (ideally more than 1) willing to let me write of their situation. I am certainly willing to leave out identifying information and allow a person to retain their privacy. I seek only to know the impact of prosopagnosia upon them.

Can you possibly help me to connect with such persons? I'd need proof of their diagnosis, too.




Mental health is one aspect of the topics covered in EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge


Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.




No comments: