Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

How to End Back Pain - OVER NIGHT!

B'SD

28 Sivan, 5773

I have a fun story to share with you. Wait for the ending to reach the happy part!

Weeks ago I hurt myself in an accident. Back pain resulted. Instead of decreasing over time, it worsened. Badly.

My orthopedist checked me out and pronounced "Chest wall contusions. You're in a  lot of pain, no doubt about it. Rest."

A week went by. I kept reminding myself "You beat RSD/CRPS for pity's sake. Get over this." The pain did not lessen. I listened to soothing music, used ice paks and prayed for relief. Hold that thought.

A week later (yesterday) I was in such pain I was gasping for breath, unable to even stand erect. I booked an appointment with my general practitioner for this morning. Then I realized that I can't wait to see a doctor; I was stumbling, as I walked about my home, from astonishing pain.

A friend soon rushed me to an emergency services clinic where all my bones, muscles and organs were re-checked. 

No fractures or organ damage were found. The doctors injected me with a muscle relaxer and prescribed more - plus 48 hours of total bed rest. I went home and informed friends of the situation. Some brought me ready-made meals. Another gave me Dr. John Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain, the Mind-Body Connection.

I read the book. I did the exercises. The pain decreased. 

But I feared that my situation was going to remain out of control. I breathed deeply to oxygenated cramped muscles and lowered the pain more. Then, I looked in the mirror and announced to my own face


"I will control my life, not my subconscious! I deal with life, one issue at a time, as best I can. I do not need to be in pain."

I went to sleep muttering that mantra.

I  awoke saying it and 
repeated it all morning 
as I prepared for the day.

My GP examined me this morning (I had booked that appointment, remember), as he spoke sympathetically. He asked why I was smiling so brightly and I hopped on, then off the the table to demonstrate complete fluidity of motion in all my limbs and back. He was surprised and I was delighted.

I told him I'd walked to the office in high heat, carrying my pocketbook, water bottle and some books. Nothing hurt beyond some mild cramps. I figure those muscles just need time to re-oxygenate and for my subconscious to cooperate with my orders (I'm still repeating them as necessary).

I showed the doctor the less-than-a-day-old prescription for muscle relaxers that I do not need to take. He praised me for being an optimist "You've overcome the meningiomas, blindness, fractures, RSD/CRPS. You have much to teach the world."

We chatted more. I told him that I exercise my optimism muscles in many ways, and wrote a book that helps people to heal emotionally, physically and spiritually - so they can do it, too.



He recommends it.

Thanks, GOD. That book and Dr. Sarno's saved me, with Your help.

A medical, pain or other crisis - you'd cry too, if it happened to you. Use your tissues and handkerchiefs with my blessings borne of experience. GOD gives you Permission to Weep. And you can say that to any critics after explaining, "Read page 5 of It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To. Empower YOURSELF to Cope with a Medical Challenge."

Then you can face the future stronger.

I can't promise you'll end your back pain or other problem overnight. But you might. 

Make the worthwhile effort.

 

Buy the E-book or print edition today to EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge


Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism. 

Face life with increasing strength.

 



No comments: