Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Surfing Past a Heat Wave!

B'SD

10 Av, 5773

I came through yesterday's 9Av fast day without problems, as usual. I was grateful for the blessing of lower temperatures, which made thirst less of an issue.

But WOW I'm doing double-takes at HIGH temperature readings around the world.



Do yourselves, your kids and anyone ill or elderly a favor: Make sure that EVERYBODY drinks lots of liquids such as water

Tea is fine, coffee is not (it makes you urinate more often than if you didn't drink it). Soup is good, too. Cold soup like borscht or cucumber soup would be delightful, delicious and a lifesaver.

Cool down more with sedentary activities such as reading, doing crafts, watching videos or listening to soothing music. You can surf through and way past potential problems that way.

Make triple sure that children and pets are NOT left in hot vehicles or other places. 


Heat kills quickly. Heat stroke is no joke.

Let me know what you're doing to stay comfortable.

 

Buy the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge. That can cool your temper instead of sweating through questions such as "What do I do with my medical, mental health or disability issue?" days! 

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. 
Face Your Future with Optimism. 

Faucets are refreshing. Use them!


 

No comments: