Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Life-Sustaining Advice

B'SD

23 Kislev, 5773

It's been a busy week for me. I've been interacting with the family of a four-year old undergoing another round of chemotherapy. 

The mother of a young man blinded in an accident has spoken with me at length about the medical professionals and medical treatments I've suggested to them. 

One of my role models is battling kidney cancer. 

The list of heartaches goes on.

All of the emotion invested in that has been taking a toll on me.

I took my own advice and indulged in some humor with friends. I also walked out into some sunshine, rejoiced in the fresh, clean air, pretty sky, and appreciated all the beauty and bounty available to mere mortals for free:



  • Air
  • Scenery
  • Friends to chat with as I stroll about or almost any time.
  • The ability to decide what mood I'm in and which mood I'll work on.
  • Counting various blessings in my life (so many I can't count that high!)

Think of this health-promoting thought when you're feeling down, "The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." Norman Cousins coined that phrase. It means that we owe it to ourselves to replenish our emotional and spiritual batteries as necessary. Your sense of delight and joy in life does not need to wither. Nurture it with all your might.

Do what you can to refresh your spirits and someone else's when medical, mental health or disability diagnoses get you down. If you need more ideas about how to do that, or how to deal with critics who condemn your negative emotions when they arise, share this idea with the people before you:

"A medical crisis - you'd cry too, if it happened to you." That's what I responded when someone told me years ago that I had no right to cry from learning of a long gone and formerly fatal brain tumor. 

Use your tissues and handkerchiefs with my blessings borne of experience. GOD gives you Permission to Weep. And you can say that to any critics after explaining that "It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To." Your license to cry appears on pages 4 and 5.

Stories to make you laugh out loud appear in subsequent chapters.


Get your grin back despite what's going on. Buy the E-book or print edition today for a brighter look at life and the holiday season: Click on the words EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism.


No comments: