Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Breast Cancer Risks for Multi-cultural Women

8 Adar Alef 5768

(FEB. 16 2008/ 10 ADAR ALEF 5768 UPDATE: PLEASE SEE BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN BELOW REGULAR POST)


The Young White Male Model is out.
So is the Middle-Aged White Female Model.

Whew! Doctors finally understand that different kinds of swimmers abound in the gene pool. Our races and ethnic realities matter to our longevity. Here's the scoop:

The National Institutes of Health recently announced that the CARE model (the Women's Contraceptive and Reproductive Experiences study) gives better estimates of the number of breast cancers that would develop in African American women 50 to 79 years of age than an earlier model which was based primarily on data from white women.



The medical world is maturing as it gathers data about health risks in people of various races and cultural groups. Here's a link about how doctors within the National Cancer Institute assess the levels of risk for breast cancer among women from different ethnic groups. Pay attention ladies, and be sure to get some sort of exercise as you follow the rest of the health-promoting advice at http://www.cancer.gov/bcrisktool

Some of the data in the NCI study was culled from the STAR Clinical Trials (I wrote about them as a jounalist quite some time ago. See my "Clips" at http://www.ygolani.com/).


BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN
BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN
BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN:
Postmenopausal hormone therapy may raise risk of meningioma

Onward.

We share the same warm, beating hearts that want the best of health and happiness for ourselves and for our loved ones.

My journalistic skills, my Health Information Management background plus my enduring relationships with medical/mental health professionals led to the creation of my book.
It's My Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To
is helping folks around the world to better cope with medical crises.

The praises on the book's back cover are from various medical/mental health professionals who use it with their patients!


Learn many other user-friendly strategies for nurturing body, mind and soul in
It's My Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To: A Life Book that Helps You to Dry Your Tears and to Cope with a Medical Challenge.


~*~*~*~



Suffering with a Medical Crisis?
Been there, done that, wrote a book about it, and going forward into the future.

Want to learn many more can-do healing/coping strategies? Then read, benefit from, and tell others about It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To.

Buy someone a copy of It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To

Order it in book stores anywhere if it’s not on the shelves.

It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To can be shipped worldwide. Specialty editions are available for large organizations.

SAVE on large orders of It's MY Crisis! Click https://secure.booklocker.com/booklocker/wholesale/order.php



To your good health,

Yojeved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life.



No comments: