Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

All it Took was a Phone Call...



22 Adar Alef 5768


Today I took an early-morning call from abroad that lasted an hour. An Israeli woman in another country had heard of my survival/recovery from surgery to remove my formerly life-threatening though benign brain tumor (called a Meningioma), and she'd heard about my book for coping with medical crises.

She's in serious need of surgery similar to mine. She was terrified of her situation (a very normal reaction) and wanted reassurance as well as information from me, a fellow Hebrew-speaker.


I used my Self-Help Coaching techniques with my caller, responding to her concerns one by one and offering some insights about how to take control of her medical life. We reached a point when she giggled at her situation. She understood the context in which she can cope with her medical crisis and its challenges.


Our conversation ended after she'd mentioned "feeling better now" several times.

We'll be speaking with each other again, most likely. She wants to benefit from my sense of humor and from my familiarity with finessing the medical world and its baffling mazes.


It all comes down to finding the courage to accept treatment.

Fear is quite a monster,
a very real complication to medical crises.


Overcome your fears, step by step. Read my book and/or access my Self-Help Coaching services.


Oh - I want to add a BIG "Thank You" to Sandy Scherlis, who directed that caller to me. Sandy and I are fellow listmates of that very informative and helpful
Meningioma Mommas (and Poppas) site.

~*~*~*~

Suffering with a Medical Crisis?
Been there, done that, wrote a book about it, and going forward into the future.

Want to learn many more can-do healing/coping strategies?
Then read, benefit from, and tell others about
It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To.

Give someone a copy of
It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To
.

Order it in book stores anywhere if it’s not on the shelves.
It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To
can be shipped worldwide.

Specialty editions are available for large organizations.

SAVE on large orders of It's MY Crisis!
Click
https://secure.booklocker.com/booklocker/wholesale/order.php


To your good health,

Yojeved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life.


4 comments:

SSK said...

Thank you so much for talking to her this morning. She called me to tell me and she sounded so much better today. You seemed to have given her the stength to cope. Thank you for your kindness and wisdom.
Sandy SK

Yocheved Golani said...

We're in this life together. Thanks for making it sweeter for many people (the caller, her family, friends). Cyber hugs, Yoji

Star Lawrence said...

I was completely terrified before my first eye surgery for detached retina. I had no idea what to expect--and it was pretty bad. But I remember those two nights lying there, breathing hard, my heart pounding with fear. The only thing I could think of to comfort myself was: Soldiers wounded in Iraq have much worse issues...and Other people have done it, so I can, too.
I ended up with three more surgeries, and those were preceded by sleepless nights, too. This stuff is hard! Give yourself some credit for powering through it.

Yocheved Golani said...

I'm kind of in awe of the fact that I broke through and destroyed the scar tissue in only 6 days although my surgeon had decided to reexamine the situation, (hoping it would be greatly minimized) in another 6 weeks! I've learned something valuable about motivation in the process: it provides a strength, a drive to remain alive, we mortals had never suspected we have!

Thank you for your compassion, Star. I expect to backslap or to salute my surgeon when I see him next. His straight talk probably saved me from a lifetime with an unecessarily crippled arm.