Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Painbusters! Doctor's Orders that Work!

30 Shvat 5768


Here’s some potentially helpful information for anyone healing from a bone fracture as I am, or for anyone interested in protecting their bone health.

Though my physical therapy sessions hurt quite a bit, I stopped taking narcotic painkillers a while ago, fearful of addiction problems from prolonged use.

I’m minimizing what could become mega-wattage pain by:

1. Using my Personal Pain-o-Meter (see my January 31 2008/Shvat 24 5768 post)

2. Listening to soothing music

3. Sitting in cheer-me-up sunshine (it provides Vitamin D for strong teeth and bones)

4. Basing part of my grocery list on advice from Dr. Neal Barnard’s Foods That Fight Pain book. I bought it several years ago after interviewing Dr. Barnard about his innovative health-promoting techniques (I’m still a health writer/journalist for hire, folks).

Shop as I do and you just might feel better after buying from the organic green-grocer and health food store:





Almonds and Raisins (really!)
Beans (soak them for a day, changing water 2-3 times before cooking so you won’t develop belly bloat)
Broccoli
Capsaicin Cream (natural remedy made of – get this – chili pepper extracts!)
Fresh and powdered Ginger Root
Fresh Figs and/or Fig Jelly
Sweet Potatoes
Vitamin B6 (50-150 mg)
Vitamin E 400 IU
Zinc












Some old standbys are also helping me:

  • Arnica Montana (natural remedy that resembles tiny white pills)
  • Cuprum Metalllicum (natural remedy that also resembles tiny white pills)
  • Rescue Remedy Creme
  • Rescue Bach Remedy Drops
  • Any bar of soap at all.

I have no idea why this works, but after I place a bar of soap under a sweatshirt sleeve, under bed sheets, or upon some other area of sore muscles, the pain reduces noticeably. It's an folk remedy I've relied on since I ran track in high school or danced too hard at some joyous occasion.

Here are some sites that Dr. Barnard’s office recommends (I do, too):

http://www.strongbones.org/ ,

www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/vsk/calcium.html ,

and for more information about the role of nutrition in a variety of diseases and conditions, visit
http://www.nutritionmd.org/.




Want to learn many more can-do healing/coping strategies? Then read, benefit from, and tell others about It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To.

Buy someone a copy of It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To


Order it in book stores anywhere if it’s not on the shelves.

It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To can be shipped worldwide. Specialty editions are available for large organizations.

SAVE on large orders of It's MY Crisis!


Check out how many votes of praise have been made for my book since December 2 2007. That's when the
Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research named It’s MY Crisis as “Recommended Reading.”

JOIN THE FUN!

Vote for It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To on the Musella site daily. Once you’ve read It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To, vote for it at http://www.virtualtrials.com/books.cfm.

I hope you choose a 9 or a 10.


To your good health,

Yocheved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life.

No comments: