Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

How Readers Reacted to My Recent Speaking Tour (and more)!

B'SD

12 Tevet 5769



Lots of good news to share with you today:

1. My book and blog have been nominated for a peer award at
http://sharingwithwriters.blogspot.com/2009/01/premio-dardos-award-gets-passed-to.html


2. The dynamic give-and-take at my live appearance in
the Mid-Atlantic area of the USA
last night was great!

The audience asked terrific questions, discovered answers and coping strategies they found satisfying
and bought signed copies of my book.

I spent significant time in discreet 1:1 conversations after the event because some participants needed privacy to pour out their difficult medical stories and to let me respond appropriately to their challenges.


This morning I awoke to phone calls from people
begging to buy their own copies of
because their friends had told them it really IS


3. It pays to be as nice as possible ;^ )

My dear friends who've let me use their PC while I'm in town are fellow Israelis living temporarily in the USA.

I learned during my stay,
to my BIG surprise, that one of their children is in serious need of
coping strategies
for his medical situation.

I flipped open the Resources section of my book as the parents watched, and circled paragraphs relevant to the child's needs and those of his family.
Everybody was in shock to learn from me and my book that many of the FREE services that can help them are available in their own state!


My US visit is over. It has taken a toll on me physically and emotionally. I've suffered a severe cold from wintery American weather and stumbled several times while making my way to and from airports, homes and public venues. The danger that falling presents to me (more fractures) caused me to cancel some appearances. My eyes and optic nerves are still healing, and I simply lose my balance now and then despite my best efforts to remain upright. I even became dizzier than usual during last night's presentation (my visual problems cause me to feel dizzy almost 24/7. When it worsens I'm in real trouble!)


I plan to return to my beloved Israel soon. Look for the video of last night's event, to be posted on this blog as soon as possible.


To your continued coping efforts and increasing health,


Yojeved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life

No comments: