Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

More Information on How to Lower Your Physical and Emotional Stress

B'SD

5 Elul, 5775


Let's keep focusing on resilience for a bit.

The EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge book and this blog have explained how to lower your pain with the Pain-o-Meter technique, laughter and more. Here's something from today's headlines. It's based on a sound principle. See if it works for you:


If I understand the premise of EFT correctly, it has much in common with the techniques described in the article. So do other de-stressing strategies.

Speaking of stress, yesterday I endured my semi-annual vision exam at the eye clinic of the hospital where'd I'd had life-saving brain surgery 10 years ago. The agony of anticipation about scary news at such exams long ago turned into wonder, delighted laughter and spiritual insight. My vision, once written off as "impossible to recover," has made enduring progress for a decade. Not steady progress, rather the stuff that makes medical professionals and merely human me realize that GOD is controlling the result of my efforts, 

I recently began following a macrobiotic menu, in the hopes that the focus on "Balance" could well serve my once traumatized, ever-recovering brain. I even invited you to share a delicious macrobiotic dinner with me, so to speak.

Perhaps macrobiotic menus have promoted the phenomenon recorded in yesterday's findings: My double vision is abating. I see a binocular "picture" from time to time, with increasing frequency and over increasing amounts of time.

I plan to celebrate the development at a gourmet macrobiotic dinner with some friends, next week.

Stay tuned. Sometimes the efforts we make pay off in surprising, unpredictable, unforeseen ways.





Buy the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge




Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism.

Fill your life with sensible options.

No comments: