Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Sunday, July 22, 2018

How to Get Your Grin Back Despite a Devastating Medical or Mental Health Setback

B'SD

9 Av, 5778

Today is the saddest one on the Jewish calendar, the 9th of Av. But I have an upbeat message to share with you.

Some days I'm surprised to remember how my can-do approach to medical setbacks have helped people. Here's one such instance, when I became physically involved in helping someone past reconstructive leg surgery!

Need a recap of what this blog and the book it's based on are all about?

How to Get Your Grin Back 
Despite a Devastating 
Medical or Mental Health Setback: 
EMPOWER Yourself to Cope 
with a Medical Challenge 

A health information management professional able to assign World Health Organization ICD medical codes for diagnoses and treatments, I learned many interesting and cost-cutting strategies for health care while at work as a medical records supervisor in hospitals. As a medical and mainstream journalist, I learned of other helpful resources for ill people. 

Over the years, I amassed a lot of this information, and earned certification in counseling. 

Then I was struck by a life-threatening but benign brain tumor. My medical team was startled to realize that I was dealing quite well with the emotionally draining aspects of the situation, and finessing the costs of my care, too. The doctors plus many people who knew me wanted to know my secret. It was information not easily learned by laymen outside the medical world, and I realized the need to share it with them. 

I invested what I knew, and how I used that information to thrive past a very debilitating experience, in a book  to be eventually updated as

It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry If I Need To: EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge
Both versions received praise from medical and mental health professionals, and clergy of different faiths. 


I know from reader responses to the books that people worldwide have been helped by them. My instinct to inform you, the public, of what you need to know to get your grin back after a devastating medical or mental health setback has been well rewarded. 

I look forward to helping more people over time.






Buy your copy of the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge



Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism.

Fill your recovery with a can-do attitude!

No comments: