Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Announcing the Reimbursement Wiki


B'SD

16 Sivan 5769


One of the nightmares of medical problems is financial. You - and your medical team - struggle to figure out how to be reimbursed for medical care. The figures add up over time and BIG debts develop.

Here's some good news for American citizens: One of my LinkedIn colleagues (LinkedIn is a sort of Facebook for business professionals) has created a partial solution for the problem:

Announcing the
Reimbursement Wiki

I am announcing the public availability of my Reimbursement Wiki. I have compiled links to coding, coverage, and payment information, as well as information such as the following:

- Medicare (URLs for rules, topics such as surgeries, compounding, CED, MS-DRGs, DME, inpatient list, laboratory and diagnostic testing, etc.)

- Managed Care (URLs for medical/coverage policy sites at various payers, technology assessment organizations, literature on coverage decision making, etc.)

- Medicaid (URLs for CPT/HCPCS code lookup by state for payment info, state fee schedules, drug product data, etc.)

- Payment (URLs for Medicare payment basics, top 200 CPT/HCPCS codes, top 100 lab procedures, literature on drug pricing, etc.)

There is plenty more -
basically reimbursement
and health resources
I have collected in one place
for reference purposes.

The Reimbursement Wiki is an ongoing project of mine, and I add material based on topics of current work, so not all topics are represented equally. Nevertheless, I find it an invaluable resource, and I hope you do, too.

Access to the Reimbursement Wiki is free. The only requirement is to open an www.atwiki.com account. E-mail me your username so I can send you an invitation.

My E-address is scott@argentaadvisors.com.
Or you can contact me via LinkedIn.

OK, class, you now have a terrific tool for being able to better afford expensive medical care. Do your homework. Ask compassionate, detail-oriented friends/family help you to recover monies you deserve according to US law.

I've been on both sides of the hospital bed and I know, reimbursement procedures are tedious, confusing and one great way to zap your sense of humor.

Treat yourself to an emotional recovery.


Buy a copy of
"It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To: A Life Book that Helps You to Dry Your Tears and to Cope with a Medical Challenge" today.

Recharge your smile and sense of a better future. Medical and mental health professionals use the book for this purpose, too.


To your success,

Yojeved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life

No comments: