Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

How to Lower the Cost of Your Disability, Mental Health or Physical Illness with Humor & Information

B'SD


13 Tamuz, 5772


I'm still smiling from the terrific interaction on yesterday's Winning Through Pain radio show with hostess Marla Martindale.


Some people have contacted me to ask: "What else can you say about the EMPOWER Yourself book and how it can help someone with an illness?"


My answer: It helps people of all ages and for many reasons including emotional, mental health, disabilities and physical health issues.


Men are some of the most enthusiastic readers of It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry If I Need To: EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge. They call or write to thank me often. I suspect that I know why they like it so much. 


The book is FILLED with privacy-protected answers to questions they need and want to ask. Too often men are simply unaware of whom they can trust to answer them and to protect their confidentiality. The EMPOWER Yourself book is a safe outlet with information that men and everybody need. EMPOWER Yourself lets you calm down, read and re-read the sections important to you in the confidential surroundings of your home, office or wherever you read the book. Men can even cry with the book and know that I’ll respect them later.

As I tell my Self-Help Coaching clients and book buyers, "A medical crisis - you'd cry too, if it happened to you. Use your tissues and handkerchiefs with my blessings borne of experience. GOD gives you Permission to Weep. And you can say that to any critics after explaining that 'It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To.'"


That license to cry appears on pages 4 and 5 of the book. 



About that sense of humor you hear in my voice and in the book: It goes on the fritz at times because I'm normal, but it is a tool that I improve on, put away if necessary and take out again as needed. It helps me and other people past heartache. It’s saving my life. 

That humor and happiness effort became a habit and then a permanent mindset. Healthy people think positively without trying. Pollyanna had it right: Putting positive thoughts in our heads is a Glad Game. True, it is difficult at first and that puts more pressure on us when we’re in a negative state of mind. We feel guilty that we’re stuck in a lousy thinking pattern, that we can’t change our thoughts from negative to positive. So I keep life simple – problems are things to master, to overcome one little bit at a time. I choose to cope with my vision disability. I chose to cope with the RSD thing. Both of them have left or are leaving my life. 


I have days when my mood is not upbeat, but I accept that as part of being normal. Who could possibly be happy every moment every day? There are legitimate reasons for being sad, subdued or tired and frustrated. We can use the down time to recharge our spiritual, emotional and physical batteries. We reconnect with GOD that way, when we search for answers and solutions. Then we can think about how to get past the problem before us or how to accept the limitation with gracious behavior and thinking. That includes how to deal with medical and disability expenses.


Look at the expense of medical care these days. Not many people are giving out calming, cost-cutting answers. But It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry If I Need To: EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge gives them to you. 



I used my professional background in Health Information Management to write the book, including the Global Resources section at the back. It clues you into charitable organizations that pay for part, or all, of specific medical bills if you can’t afford them. 

Here’s another important thing that I mentioned on the show and I want to stress the point here: 
I believe in humor because it is a coping tool.  Here’s one of the upbeat items listed in the Global Resources section of EMPOWER Yourself: Gimp on the Go, a resource with a sense of humor. Adam Lloyd is a quadriplegic involved in business, journalism and helping individuals with disabilities to finesse travel needs with his online Disabilities Travel Publication. A comprehensive look at coping mechanisms and travel successes in pictures, anecdotes and more, it's at www.gimponthego.com. 

The EMPOWER Yourself book holds many more terrific resources for helping ill people to help themselves.

We humans tend to be lazy and frightened. We want to avoid doing inner or physical work and confronting inner demons. So, we need to make breakthroughs. We can hit rock bottom and decide to rise or gain an insight that enlightens us to the wonder and happiness of self-improvement. Think of it like this: for a seed to grow, we must place in the ground. Covered in darkness, it struggles to reach the light and to grow. As it does, we watch the wonder and the beauty.  THAT is how people grow, too. We reach past the darkness and sometimes for each other. We hang on to faith and do whatever helps us to persevere.

People around the world are laughing along with the healing humor and can-do health tips in doctor-recommended EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge. It helps readers to make that breakthrough into "I can help myself to heal and I'm doing it! No excuses!" thinking and behavior. And wow it cuts the cost of personal health care with information on how to get free or low-cost first-quality medication, medical care, medical appliances and more.

There are plenty of reasons that I chose the “Face your medical problems with dignity. Face your future with optimism” motto for my book-related blog and Self-Help coaching services. 



An improving and protected sense of dignity plus ever-better optimism and solid information help ill people to cope with medical, mental health and disability challenges. You can overcome despair that way, and allow yourself to heal emotionally, even physically despite devastating setbacks. We hear these great sayings over time, but I learned the lessons in my gut and every cell of my body. My readers can, too.

Every medical professional owes it to their patients to ask, “How can I help you today?” If they don’t, you’ll know what to do when you read 






Medical and mental health professionals recommend its "persevere past emotional and physical pain" message. So do clergy of different faiths. 

You can learn the lessons to help you when you buy the book from the publisher, Booklocker, which ships way faster than online book stores. Go to I'm buying the book NOW






Buy the E-book or print edition today. Improve your prospects for a better, brighter today and tomorrow with EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.



No comments: