Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Monday, December 21, 2009

If You Have Periodontal Disease - Gingivitis, You Might Also Have...


B'SD


4 Tevet 6770




My informative face-to-face interview with research scientist Shiela Strauss PhD took place last week (I'm still a journalist, folks). Now I'm preparing my feature story about her proof of the HIGH likelihood that people with Gingivitis a.k.a Periodontal Disease already have, or will soon develop, Diabetes.

Yes, you read that correctly. Now read
Study Finds Over 90% of People with Gum Disease Are at Risk for Diabetes; Concludes That at Least Half Could Be Screened in Dental Offices, then call your general practitioner to request a Fasting Blood Sugar test. Untreated Diabetes can be life-threatening.

The facts are in: Gingivitis a.k.a Periodontal Disease is clearly related to having Diabetes, even Gestational Diabetes. What's more troubling is that the reverse is true, too. My feature story will explain the bi-directional realtionship as I present the methodology used to prove it.

By the way, Dr. Strauss endorsed the 2007 print edition of It's MY Crisis and I'll Cry if I Need To, as an NIH researcher. She admires the updated E-book, too.

EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge. And if you have PD or Gingivitis, make that FBS appointment FAST!

Yocheved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life

2 comments:

Calvin Fred said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yocheved Golani said...

Yes, poor dental hygiene is part of the problem, Chris. My dentist tells me that Gingivitis can be prevented with a daily hydrogen peroxide swish & spit. That introduces oxygen to an an anerobic environment, preventing the inflammation from starting, worsening or continuing. As an organic vegetarian I've learned that chewing small clumps of wheatgrass can strengthen tooth enamel. These are two simple ways to cope with the problem that many people need to know about.