Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Seeing STARS or a Life-Endangering Stroke?




B'SD





11 Tevet 5770



From time to time I receive E-mails filled with knuckle-whitening news of terrible medical realities. This week's scare-fest concerned strokes aka Cerebrovascular Accidents (CVAs). Like other such messages, it was filled with errors, urban legends and irresponsible scare-mongering about the STAR method of identifying strokes (I choose not to share the method with you as it has not been endorsed by leading medical authorities).

I deeply dislike such messages. They mislead unsuspecting innocents, distracting readers from factual Save-a-Life and Quality-of-Life information.

Here's a quick education on some relevant realities:






Get facts from the American Stroke Association.

OK, class. You've read the reality. Take protective action: Skip the scary E-mails with confusing photos and testimonies from folks you've never heard of before.

Want to learn how to cope with a stroke? Read EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.

I plan to be tapping at you again in a few days. I'm off for a brief, well-earned vacation.

Yocheved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life

No comments: