Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Digging Up the Past and Healing Human Brains

B'SD


24 Tevet 5770



Here are some photos of me on site at "the dig" I joined at the close of my December vacation in Israel's upper North area, the Golan.


I'm in the green sweatshirt, gearing up for the centuries-old dig by listening to our lead archaeologist. She's kneeling as she explains our methodology.




The team uncovered a ceramic pitcher leaning against the wall as if someone had just set it upon the stone floor.


Now I'm standing above the jug, looking exhausted after an 8-hour day of slugging, digging, brushing off and carting away LOTS of centuries-old dirt.

There's more excitement to tell of
but that's waiting for
official clearance.

I'm impressed at how well my wash machine cleans my clothes from daily digs. I literally shake dust as I walk about in dirtied clothes. The experience of touching and breathing in history is so worth the inconveniences ;^ )

I keep reflecting on how much weight
my once-endangered arm lifts and tosses on a daily basis. It's a miracle for my arm to function as it does (THANK YOU G'D!).

I'm so happy to be part of this effort that I have a happy buzz all over! Now that's gotta be good for inner and outer health ;^ )

I didn't plan to do archaeology to help my muscles and emotions to heal from so much past suffering. The opportunity simply became available and I took it for the simple fun it affords me. The change of pace is certainly fun, too.

Watch the video below, which hints at developing therapies to heal damaged brains. What terrific opportunity are YOU taking to cope with medical or emotional adversity?




EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.

Yocheved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life

No comments: