Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why Did a Reader Decide that YOU Need to Read "It's MY Crisis!" ?





B'SD


8 Tamuz 5769

Readers of "It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry If I Need To" contact me from time to time via E-mail or the "Comments" button below. One reader recently zapped her favorable book report to me, appreciating the fact that it IS "A Life Book that Helps You to Dry Your Tears and to Cope with a Medical Challenge."

Read on:


It’s MY Crisis!
And I’ll Cry if I Need To
Book Review by Valerie Farber

I’m very fortunate that I cannot remember any major medical crises in my life, but reading Yocheved Golani’s book, It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To (ISBN 978-1-60145-278-8, published by Booklocker.com, Inc.) made me aware how psychologically tumultuous it is to be dealt a life-threatening medical prognosis.

Yocheved was (it turns out) temporarily blinded because of the presence of a benign tumor deep in her brain. Two prominent neurosurgeons refused to operate on her as the tumor was lodged in an area that controlled breathing, head motion, vision, hearing, and facial sensation. Another surgeon, though, agreed to operate on Yocheved, but made no promises.


Yocheved is supremely qualified to write a self-help book for surviving medical trauma.

It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To describes Yocheved’s odyssey in battling disease. To slay her dragons, she drew on her strongest resources: deep religious faith, knowing herself, and recognition that optimism was her lifeblood and depression a slow-acting poison.

Yocheved recommends letting yourself cry if needed at the initial prognosis, positive thought, indoctrinating yourself with a healing mantra, joking, developing an arsenal of mood-savers like perusing your favorite photo albums, and absolutely forbidding your friends to obsessively discuss your medical condition.

Yocheved also gives good-sense logistical advice such as being knowledgeable about the procedures you will undergo, having an assertive friend ask medical questions if you are too shy to do so (being shy myself, this one was my favorite), and what items to bring to the hospital when you are admitted.

It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To presents a comprehensive list of medical resources and patients’ associations. Consulting with others who have undergone similar medical procedures is informative and can reduce trepidation [fear].

For me the most memorable part of the book is Yocheved’s amazing post-operative recovery story. Since recuperation was slow and Yocheved’s vision was improving only slightly, Yocheved pursued unorthodox healing methods. She adopted a regime of a highly organic diet, natural juices, and related healing methods. Over time, these natural cleansing methods purged toxins from her body and promoted full healing. Yocheved's vision improved, her physical strength is enviable and her skin glows.

Armed with deep faith, a spirit not-to-be crushed, and obvious Divine intervention, Yocheved has battled and survived. Read her book, savor her story and sage advice.


Most important of all, learn how you can mimic what she did.


Click
HERE to buy your copy today.


To your good health,

Yocheved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life

No comments: