Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Friday, September 4, 2015

Sweetening a New Year with Self Respect

B'SD

20 Elul, 5775

I've been busy tending other people's needs (I'm cooking my wholesome menu for other people so they can heal as I do) and lacked time to update the blog. But with Rosh HaShana, Jewish New Year coming soon, I've focused on time to post today's message.


I hope that you'll benefit from these 7 Tips for a Happier Year

But what about the goals/resolutions people tend to make at New Year's time?

I prefer to avoid making resolutions. I'm old enough to know that people tend not to keep the promises they make to themselves. 

Let's look at self-improvement a bit differently this year.

One reading of the


book 
lets you know of my preference for
self forgiveness and self respect.

I'd like to share some related thoughts with you: Goal-setting tends to scare the goal-setter. You come up with excuses about why this or that didn't "work out," knowing all the while that it was YOU who didn't do necessary work. "It" had nothing to do with the failure.

Your failing, perhaps, was to decide that you're not good enough, or that life's not good enough, until your goal - or someone else's - is met. That's a brutal approach to life. Enthusiasm dies when tiny parts of the goal are reached, or not. There's more to you than that.

Instead of pinning your hopes  - and self-worth - on a goal, focus instead on processes that work for you. 

EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge is full of options you can take. You know of others. Use them to your advantage. 

Keep plugging away with methods and mindsets that help you to feel and to function better than if you did not think and behave that way.

Appreciate the things going right in your life, too. Some of them can be BIG surprises.

Pay attention when people compliment you. Focus on the goodness within you. 

And appreciate yourself for doing things so right that other people appreciate you, too!





Buy the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge





Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism.

Fill your heart, mind and soul with self appreciation.


No comments: