Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I think the medical establishment is much more frustrating than the illness."

28 Tishrei 5768

Tears are a call for help. Compassionate medical and mental health professionals respond correctly to them. But part of the medical world does not respond correctly to the fear, pain, and sheer terror that some patients feel about serious medical conditions. That complicates matters.

Many people agree with me: the medical world is NOT meeting all of a patient’s needs. Blizzards of medically-related paperwork that numb the brain happen way too often. Brusque comments from medical professionals add to someone's pain over a dire diagnosis. Emotions tear your heart and mind. Terrible time-consuming delays before treatment (even before diagnosis!), and awful words that chill the soul seem to be a sub-specialty of too many medical offices. Don’t you just want to scream to some compassion-challenged and dismissive doctors and technicians that "It's MY Crisis and I'll Cry if I Need To"?

I wrote my book to help people who need to have their medical issues addressed in optimal fashion. I'm preparing an online video about my book so that patients, therapists and doctors can easily learn more about It's MY Crisis and I'll Cry if I Need To and why they should buy it, then use it together.

One of my journalism colleagues responded to a "Request for Advice" message from me regarding the preparation of that video. She definitely understands how you and I feel. Read on:

From: "Sharon Villines"
To: ,
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 2:24 PM

This is experience as a listener being told they have cancer. Keep it
simple. There were lots of sources that gave me lots of information,
most of which I already had. The one that was helpful was the one
that said First, relax. Second, take your time. Third, ... I think
there were 10 things to do, in order.

You've already written the book and it may not be 1, 2, 3, but your
presentation can be.

I think the medical establishment is much more frustrating than the illness.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines in Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca

I wrote It’s MY Crisis! to ease your frustration and to empower your health-seeking efforts. My book definitely has the Step One, Step Two, etc. format that Sharon advocates. It will be a feature of my video, too.

The power to cope and to heal can be in your hands when you buy a copy of It's My Crisis!. Medical and mental health professionals agree with me. See their praises of my book in the left-hand margin.

There are other medical professionals in the world who advocate for their patients, too. You and they can click on http://www.booklocker.com/books/3067.html and buy a personal copy.

Need multiple copies of It's MY Crisis? Click on https://secure.booklocker.com:443/booklocker/wholesale/order.php

It’s MY Crisis! can be shipped worldwide. Specialty editions are available for large organizations.



I’ll let you know when my soon-to-be-filmed video goes online.

Contact me, at giveretgolani@gmail.com, about what you want to know in the wide world of healing arts. To your good health, Yocheved

No comments: