Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Guess Who Was Nominated?

B'SD

20 Tamuz 5770


A call went out to nominate local heroes and heroines:

Name: Cristina Goyanes (National Publication)
Category: Lifestyle and FitnessEmail:
query-ecf@helpareporter.com
Media Outlet: National PublicationDeadline: 07:00 PM EST - 25 June

Query: I’m looking for nominees for a special feature story in a major national publication that will spotlight a handful of extraordinary men and women who have contributed to the nation’s health, fitness, or nutrition on some small or largescale. We’re open to all do-gooders, impressive doing-their-jobbers, role models, innovators, scientists, book authors and activists. We welcome the well known, lesser known,and unknown, as long as what they have accomplished something worthy of national praise in 2010. Please send your nominees bythis Friday (6/25) to
cristinagoyanes@gmail.com. Thank you inadvance for your time and cooperation. I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Several nominations went out because of my books and coaching (I've spoken and coached in the USA during my travels). Look at one of the results that were forwarded to me!

Dear Ms. Goyanes:

Re: your call for nominees for an article about outstanding Americans who have contributed to the nation's health, I nominate virtual unknown Yocheved Golani, an amazing woman whom I have known since our elementary school days in Oak Park, Michigan. She was afflicted with multiple brain tumors and threatened blindness, but endured and triumphed over her illness with incredible positive good humor and optimism.

Spurred by her personal experience, Yocheved wrote a book to help others cope with medical set backs. "It's MY Crisis And I'll Cry If I Need To: EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge" is a handbook, rich in advice, exercises, and resources to help patients navigate the medical system and maintain their physical and psychological strength during their illness in a pro-active, upbeat manner.

Yocheved would be a great candidate for your feature article, and I thank you for your consideration.

Best Wishes,
Susan Tawil

PS--You can Google "Yocheved Golani" and it will link you to her web site and info about her book.


OK readers, I hope you'll share the information in this economically tough time for health care.

iPhone-friendly E-book "It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry If I Need To: EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge" http://www.booklocker.com/books/4244.html calms readers and helps them to strategize about how to get the best possible healthcare (so does my coaching).

The second part of "EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge" lists reputable organizations providing free and low-cost QUALITY healthcare resources worldwide! Facebook that!





EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge.



Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.






No comments: